https://www.annapoliscollegeconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/IMG_20140312_150347_992-3.jpg 587 2044 Cori Dykman https://annapoliscollegeconsulting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Annapolis-College-Consulting-logo.png Cori Dykman2016-04-24 13:54:302018-11-30 20:37:40Action Items By May 1
Congratulations on all of your success!!
Make sure you take the next steps on or before May 1:
- Put down a deposit at the college or university that you will be attending, and if they need a second deposit for housing, send that in as soon as possible.
- Sign up for, and go to the college’s orientation. It is a wonderful opportunity to make new friends, get comfortable with the campus, and learn how to navigate your new environment.
- Some colleges offer special trips or on-campus activities, in addition to orientation, as bonding experiences. Take advantage of those if you can.
- Fill out your roommate forms honestly. If you do not, people won’t know your preferences, and the school cannot effectively pair you. It is okay to like to go to bed early, or dislike rap music. Advocate for yourself so you are happy with your roommate, it will make a big difference in your freshman year.
- Let your guidance office know which college you have chosen, and make sure they send your ending transcript to them.
- Notify the schools that you will not attend right away, so that they can offer places to students on their waiting list.
- Do not let senioritis affect your acceptances. If your grades drop significantly colleges can rescind their offers. Enjoy the last month, but stay focused. Summer is almost here.
- Check your e-mail regularly as college may continue to send you information. Submit information before the deadlines.